Tuesday 20 August 2013

Chocolate Cranberry Cashew "Cookie Dough" Balls


A quick little recipe for you for this month's Sweet Adventures Blog Hop. The theme this month is "Cookie Monster", but I'm on a bit of a health kick at the moment and I'm currently feeling really good about myself. So the last thing I want to eat is biscuits. I tried my hand at a healthy alternative though - healthy vegan cookie dough bites. Raw, vegan, no flour but with a bit of sugar (nobody's perfect). They make a lovely healthy sweet snack.


Use the links below my recipe to check out the other biscuit-y entries in this month's hop!


Chocolate Cranberry Cashew Cookie Dough Bites

Ingredients
2/3 cup raw cashew pieces
1 tbsp dried coconut
2 heaped tbsp rolled oats
2 tsbp cocoa powder
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp dried cranberry pieces (if you have whole dried cranberries, chop them up a bit) 
2 tbsp chopped dark chocolate pieces (about 20g)

To Make
1. Place the cashews, coconut and oats in a food processor and process until they form a flour consistency.
2. Add the cocoa, maply syrup and vanilla extract and pulse until the mixture all comes together.
3. Transfer to a bowl and stir through the cranberry and chocolate pieces.
4. Roll out into balls using your hands and chill for at least 10 minutes before eating.

Makes 10 balls.


9 comments:

  1. Such an interesting take on the cookie theme! Thanks so much for joining in xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is something I need to try for the kids school lunch boxes, healthy and sweet!! Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they would be great for lunchboxes! I ate them all up so quickly that I'm going to make another batch tomorrow :)

      Delete
  3. Oh these sound so fabulous! Thanks for sharing for SABH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look like a great treat to snack on when 3.30-itis hits - and much better than heading to the vending machine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look lovely. Right now I could use something that will make my scales stop saying: "Please, only one Person at a time!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Healthy and delicious. I could do with a box of these at work

    ReplyDelete
  7. Healthy and delicious. I could do with a box of these at work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy & healthy..Looks lovely & perfect!

    ReplyDelete