Wednesday 13 June 2012

Vegan Rocky Road Layer Cake


I’ve been blogging for exactly one year this month. It’s been a great experience thus far and I’m learning loads as I go. Like most bloggers I started off with some recipes which had really dodgy photos and this vague idea that maybe my blog could be awesomely successful without me putting that much effort into it. More than a hundred recipes, a new camera and hours of work later, I’ve managed to build my blog into something that I’m really happy with and proud of.

But the best thing I discovered about blogging was the unexpected friendships that sprung out of it with other bloggers. It has been wonderful to connect with other food lovers all over the world and have fun exploring food with your new friends. One such friend I have been happy to make is Erin from Big Fat Baker, and I was very happy when she asked me to write a guest post for her.

This cake is one that I made for my mother’s birthday recently, and it was a creation I just had always wanted to try. You may notice that my rocky road contains absolutely no marshmallows. There are two main reasons for this:
  • Marshmallow are a cheap way to fill out rocky road so that you don’t have to put in so much of the decadent and luscious ingredents
  • Marshmallows are made from gelatine – which is made from boiling up all the skin, crushed bones, connective tissues, organs and sometimes intestines of slaughtered animals. Now, I’m a vegan, but that aside, I don’t know who would really want to put that in their bodies!
Check out the recipe at Erin's blog here and make this wonderment for yourself!

1 comment:

  1. That cake looks awesome, especially the topping! From the recipe it sounds like the cream tastes like Turkish delight *yum*.
    Happy birthday to your mum!

    ReplyDelete